Cocktails in the Conservatory
Sip cocktails in the tropical Bolz Conservatory and enjoy the beats of local DJs!
Friday, November 20, 2015
7 - 11 p.m.
DJ Evan Woodward
Evan Woodward is an all-vinyl DJ who provides the Madison nightlife scene with some of its most far-out musical soundtracks. Seen often at spots like Natt Spil, Mickey's, Maduro and elsewhere, his sets range from soulful disco to tropical funk, from icy electro to atmospheric ambient, from tribal folk to soft rock, plus a healthy dose of psychelelic techno and house.
Friday, January 29, 2016
7 - 11 p.m.
DJ Surf 'n' Turf
Surf 'n' Turf were born after a chance meeting between a lobster and a bull. They've played everywhere from isthmus house parties and Madison's Cardinal Bar, to San Francisco's Public Works and epic four-hour sets at Burning Man. With roots in the Australian and Midwestern rave scenes of the 1990s, Surf 'n' Turf specialize in bringing underground house and techno to wide audiences. Clack your claws. Stamp your hooves. Just don't trample the flowers.
Friday, March 25, 2016
7 - 11 p.m.
DJ Phil Money
DJ Phil Money has the ability to read a room’s vibe while also crafting a free-flowing mix of different genres. No matter who’s in the room, Money wants to help people shake off their worries. By his own admission, his preferred mix is eclectic - Money calls it “The Soup.” Typically, he works up a hip-hop base before experimenting with more adventurous sprinklings of rare reggae tracks, funk and, most recently, Afrobeat. He makes it work with precision-timed transitions: “Even though you’re jumping different genres, you’re not jumping different vibes.” Money earned his stripes with almost 30 years’ experience in New York and Atlanta before arriving in Madison.
$8 admission at the door.
Must be 21 years old to attend.
Here are some things to keep in mind before you arrive -
- Front doors open at 6:30 p.m. - Conservatory doors open at 7 p.m.
- First-come-first-serve - the maximum number of visitors allowed in the Conservatory will be continuously admitted as visitors cycle out
- Arrive with your whole party - line jumping is not permitted
- When entering the building you'll be notified if you will be immediately admitted into the Conservatory or directed into the waiting line
- On average people enjoy the Conservatory for 1.5-2 hrs - some leave earlier and some stay longer, we cannot guarantee a specific wait time
- Bar stations will be available inside the Conservatory and the Commons (a large reception area off of the lobby that will house the waiting line if necessary)
- Our bar service has been streamlined to decrease waiting lines
- We will post updates on Facebook on the hour as the event capacity fluctuates to keep you in the loop
- Capacity in the Conservatory at any given time does not equal the overall attendance that can be accommodated at the event over four hours, therefore, pre-sale tickets will not be offered
- $5 admission from 10-11 p.m.
Member Reception - Chocolate: The Bitter and the Sweet
Cocktails in the Conservatory - November 20
Holiday Express: Flower and Model Train Show
Holiday Concert Series - Sundays in December