Cashier for Olbrich's Holiday Express
Limited Term Temporary Staff Position
Apply by: November 15, 2012
Duration: December 1 - December 31 (closes at 2 p.m. Dec. 24 /closed all day Dec. 25
Hours: 30 hrs per week, Sunday - Thursday, 9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Position does not offer health insurance, investment options, or paid personal time.
Number available: 1
Olbrich Botanical Gardens is home to 16 acres of outdoor display gardens and a 10,000 square foot tropical conservatory. The outdoor gardens include 10 unique specialty gardens and received the 2005 National Award for Garden Excellence. Indoors, the tropical Bolz Conservatory exhibits an extraordinary collection of exotic plants and orchids complemented by colorful birds and koi. Olbrich is committed to a culture of sustainability and education so that everyone - including future generations - can experience and learn about the fascinating world of plants and gardens.
Olbrich's Holiday Express is based on mission-related principles, excellent execution, a fascinating topic, healthy net proceeds, and outstanding community support. Average annual attendance for this 30-day event is 20,000. Visitors include families of all ages, day cares, summer camps, bus tours, and school, senior, and church groups. The Holiday Express is a major fundraiser for the Gardens.
The Holiday Express cashier is responsible for processing visitors' ticket purchases to Olbrich's Holiday Express show located in the Atrium. The Holiday Express cashier provides general event information and processes event ticket purchases with cash, checks or credit cards. Applicants must be friendly, out-going and able to project their voice. This is an indoor position that involves constant interaction with the general public. Training is provided.
- Welcome visitors to the exhibit and provides general event information
- Processes event ticket purchases
- Promote respectful and responsible enjoyment of the exhibits
- Enthusiasm for working with the public and able to provide a welcoming demeanor
- Cash handling and credit card processing experience preferred.
- Ability to project voice over crowds in Olbrich’s lobby
- Ability to engage visitors of all ages.
- Ability to attend all shifts as listed in the position description.
- Ability to follow directions and communicate with volunteers and staff
- Ability to dress appropriately - Dress slacks, shorts, or skirt with a collared shirt
Send application by November 15 to:
Missy Keegan, Special Events Coordinator
Olbrich Botanical Society
3330 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
*If you do not already have the free Adobe
Acrobat Reader software, you can download it by clicking on the icon.