Entrance Greeter for Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies
Limited Term Temporary Staff Position
Apply by: July 6, 2016
Duration: July 13 - August 7
Hours: 13 hrs per week, Saturdays & Sundays, 9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Position does not offer health insurance, investment options, or paid personal time.
Number available: 1
Olbrich Botanical Gardens is home to 16 acres of outdoor display gardens and a 10,000 square foot tropical conservatory. The outdoor gardens include 10 unique specialty gardens and received the 2005 National Award for Garden Excellence. Indoors, the tropical Bolz Conservatory exhibits an extraordinary collection of exotic plants and orchids complemented by colorful birds and koi. Olbrich is committed to a culture of sustainability and education so that everyone - including future generations - can experience and learn about the fascinating world of plants and gardens.
Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies is based on mission-related educational principles, excellent execution, a fasxinating topic, healthy net proceeds, and outstanding community support. Average annual attendance for this 26-day event is 25,000 people. Visitors include families of all ages, day cares, summer camps, bus tours, and school, senior, and church groups. Blooming Butterflies is a major fundraiser for the Gardens.
The Entrance Greeter is responsible for orienting visitors to Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies located in the Bolz Conservatory. The Entrance Greeter informs visitors of the USDA regulations that must be floowed while visiting the event, while monitoring hte traffic flow. Applicants must be friendly, out-going, and able to project their voice. This is an indoor postion that involves standing and constant interaction with the general public. Training is provided.
- Welcome and introduce visitors to the exhibit by providing a brief educational introduction
- Regulate the number of visitors inside the Conservatory
- Promote respectful and responsible enjoyment of the exhibits
- Enthusiasm for working with the public and able to provide a welcoming demeanor
- Ability to project voice over crowds in Olbrich's lobby area
- Ability to comfortably engage visitors in a learning opportunity
- Ability to engage visitors of all ages
- Ability to stand for 3 hours at a time
- Ability to attend the Blooming Butterflies training session (July 11) and all shifts as listed in the position description
- Ability to follow directions and communicate with volunteers and staff
- Ability to dress appropriately - Dress slacks, shorts, or skirt with a collared shirt
Submit your application to Missy Jeanne, Special Events Manager
Olbrich Botanical Society
Attn: Missy Jeanne
3330 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
*If you do not already have the free Adobe
Acrobat Reader software, you can download it by clicking on the icon.