Cashier for Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies
Limited Term Temporary Staff Position
Apply by: May 1, 2013
Duration: July 17 - August 11
Hours: 32.5 hrs per week, Sunday - Thursday, 9:45 a.m. - 4:15 p.m.
Position does not offer health insurance, investment options, or paid personal time.
Number available: 1
Olbrich Botanical Gardens is home to 16 acres of outdoor display gardens and a 10,000 square foot tropical conservatory. The outdoor gardens include 10 unique specialty gardens and received the 2005 National Award for Garden Excellence. Indoors, the tropical Bolz Conservatory exhibits an extraordinary collection of exotic plants and orchids complemented by colorful birds and koi. Olbrich is committed to a culture of sustainability and education so that everyone - including future generations - can experience and learn about the fascinating world of plants and gardens.
Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies is based on mission-related educational principles, excellent execution, a fasxinating topic, healthy net proceeds, and outstanding community support. Average annual attendance for this 26-day event is 25,000 people. Visitors include families of all ages, day cares, summer camps, bus tours, and school, senior, and church groups. Blooming Butterflies is a major fundraiser for the Gardens.
The Blooming Butterflies cashier is responsible for processing visitors' ticket purchases to Olbrich's Blooming Butterflies located in the Bolz Conservatory. The Blooming Butterflies cashier provides general event information and processes event ticket purchases with cash, checks, or credit cards. Applicants must be friendly, out-going, and able to project their voice. This is an outdoor position that involves constant interaction with the general public. Training is provided.
- Welcome visitors to the exhibit and provide general event information
- Process event ticket purchases
- Promote respectful and responsible enjoyment of the exhibits
- Enthusiasm for working with the public and able to provide a welcoming demeanor
- Cash handling and credit card processing experience preferred.
- Ability to project voice over crowds in Olbrich’s entrance area
- Ability to engage visitors of all ages
- Ability to attend the Blooming Butterflies training session (July 15) and all shifts as listed in the position description
- Ability to follow directions and communicate with volunteers and staff
- Ability to dress appropriately - Dress slacks, shorts, or skirt with a collared shirt
- Ability to work outdoors in summer weather conditions (protected beneath a roof, but not protected from the summer heat)
Send application by May 1 to:
Missy Jeanne, Special Events Coordinator
Olbrich Botanical Society
3330 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
*If you do not already have the free Adobe
Acrobat Reader software, you can download it by clicking on the icon.